Today's topic is about the illuminations of the bridge.
Below the skull mark, it is the window of the bridge.
I will illumination this window.
First, I will open the windows of the slit. Method is the same as the radar.
On top of the main bridge, there is another small room, it was also the opening in the same way.
There are red light spot arranged in the vertical is on both sides to the radar, there is a sight chamber is also in the middle, it also be illuminated.
I made hole at the vertical light and put light cure gel to make it like lens.
Then, make 0.3mm hole from the bottom of the spot, and it was passed through an optical fiber into the hole.
After that it will be painted in color of red.
I made a hole from under the radar to the sighting room, then through the fiber from the top of the sighting room.
After passing through the fiber, I glued a window part. I made it using a clear runner.
It was tested using the LEd.
It is looks good.
Next, assemble the bridge.
Today, it is the work around the bridge.
Since the antenna of the kit of parts slit is closed, I was hollowed out there.
In the left is a non-working state, the right is the state of being hollowed.
I opened a lot of holes in the slit using a pin vise, then I opened the slit by connecting the hole.
After opening the slit, I made a very small file with an aluminum plate, obtained by shaping the walls of the slit.
The top of the antenna of the bridge was also in the same way.
I was carefully opening the slit using the chisel.
I hollowed out all of the slit.
I spent a lot of time to doing this.
The following also work of the bridge part 2.
The following is the work of the rear deck.
In order to illumination of the rear deck, installing the LED.
Before that, in order to diffuse the LED light, I pasted aluminum tape on the inside of the deck.
I made floor with plastic sheets, and I installed LED there.
Two LED will be installed in places.
The following is to bond the window, but I painted the rear deck before that.
After paint the entire deck, I painted ornaments carved in gold with a hand brush.
It has been included decals in the kit, but I did not use it.
After paint, it is a state of bonding the window to the deck.
Lower is like this.
Besides the LED for the interior, I installed two LED for the lantern.
To connect the LED and lantern with optic fiber, and illuminate the lantern.
After installing the lantern, I tried to turn on the power.
It was glowing properly.
The following is a work of the bridge.
It will return from the base to Arcadia.
The next step is illumination of the windows at rear deck.
Window parts of the kit has been molded in plastic of clear yellow.
So, after you have hollowed out part of the window of the rear deck, it can be illumination easily if installing the LED in.
However, because as it is a lattice of a window is not clear, I tried to make a window in the wire mesh.
First, I duplicated the kit window parts in clear resin. Then it was trimmed smaller by the amount of wire mesh.
I enclosed a window of clear resin with wire mesh.
Then, add the window frame.
To adapt brass color, it was painted the overall with clear yellow.
Finally, it is finished with painted window frame with color of Hull Red.
The next is followed by work of the rear deck.
I am going to finish the display base and check wire connection and power supply.
I disassembled the temporarily assembled base and opened the hole for mounting the switch and jack.
(the base that was trial fitting in the past)
The left side of the hole in the top surface is for the switch, the hole in the middle is for the original arm (This hole will be covered).
Hole in the middle of the side is for the new arm, the right is the hole for the jack.
I have attached the arm, then painted entirely in semi-gloss black.
After installing the switch and jack, outline is complete.
Then I soldered the wiring on the back side.
Next, we finally set the Arcadia to base and I try to turn on the switch.
All seems to be working correctly.
Phew,,,it was good.
The next step is to work the rear deck.
Today, I will set up the Arduino and AtTiny into the Arcadia.
Since AtTiny is sensitive to heat, it is not soldered directly, use a dedicated socket.
Also, the wiring of this project are not many, I did not use a circuit board, I soldered wires directly into the socket.
I installed the Arduino to the space under the bridge first, then set up AtTiny on top of the Arduino.
In order to avoid a short circuit, AtTiny was surrounded by plastic board.
And finally, by connecting the Arduino to the PC using a dedicated board, then download the program.
Red part next to the Arduino is the board that connects to a PC.
Next is to complete the base, make sure that it works by connecting with Arcadia.
Around this time, I was just doing electrical work.
In the previous article, I wrote that to control the LED using with the Arduino and another new device.
This is it.
This small tip is named AtTiny85, and this is also a programmable microcomputer.
We can write the program using a special writer or Arduino uno. so, If you have the Arduino Uno, you can use AtTiny without buying new equipment. It is cheap, too. (about $12 for 10)
At this time, Arduino control the 2 LED for the engine, and supplies power to the AtTiny. AtTiny controls the blinking of the wing-tip light.
To connect the Arduino to the PC, and connect the AtTiny to Arduino, I tried to check the operation.
Next time, I will install the Arduino and AtTiny in Arcadia.